Thursday, December 30, 2010

A comment on the decline of options on TV

I happened to look on Wikipedia to find out when Unnatural History would be back. A good show on Cartoon Network, I was disturbed to find out it had been cancelled. It was adventurous without the prevalent sex, language or uberviolence that so permeates our airwaves.

And perhaps that was why it died.

Pathetic that a fun show can't survive in the current atmosphere but when I look back I am not surprised. Shows like Jericho, which showed strength of family, can't get arrested but we have shows like Gossip Girl that display sex at the drop of a hat heavily promoted.

I for one plan on buying the DVDs to Unnatural History when they come out. If nothing else it'll say to the actors and actresses that I support their work.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Unnatural History to be available for sale on line or in stores. It was an amusing and family oriented show that showed teens in a positive light. It also demonstrated what can happen when people work together for good.
    My question to networks is what happened to variety in programming? I don't force my values on others and I ask that I be granted that same respect - programs with clean language and positive messages. So where are my choices? If the media doesn't wake up, some of us are just going to stop paying for cable, stop buying DVDs and maybe even cease watching TV altogether.

    ReplyDelete