Monday, March 7, 2011

Surprises

Have you ever noticed that GOD loves to surprise HIS children?

Moses was told that he would never be able to cross the Jordan as a consequence for disobedience. A real disappointment. Moses had so wanted to see the Promised Land. He would die just outside Israel. One might think that this is where the story ends.

It is not.

Fast forward to the Transfiguration of Jesus. There are two figures of Old Testament present. Moses and Elijah. And where exactly were they? In the Promised Land. Can you imagine the smile on our LORD's face as he told Moses what was to come? Surprise...

Jacob thought his son Joseph long dead. He would not only see Joseph again but hold his Joseph's sons. A blessing and a surprise.

The Bible is full of many such cases. GOD loves to bless HIS children and appears often when we least expect it. Nothing is too little for HIM to care about and there is no place where HE can't reach.

A small anecdote. A few years back, I had an appointment to go to and of course I took my cell phone. Lo and behold by the time I left the appointment it was nowhere in sight. I was crushed. I said a prayer that it be found and left it in HIS hands. Mind you I was still crushed because I was pretty sure it was lost for good.

I get home and drop my stuff off on my bed. Sitting on the charger, nonchalantly minding its own business, is my cell phone. Now some of you are going to say you just didn't take it with you. The fact is, I did. The only reason that phone was back was the grace of GOD. A wonderful surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment