Monday, February 14, 2011

Disappointments

Well, my submission to the Word Weavers' retreat contest didn't place, sad to say. I am a bit disheartened as I felt it was some of my finest work. We writers are supposed to grow thick skins because of the nature of our business but even constructive criticism still hurts a bit.

The piece in question, Victory, can be found in my "Yarns" section.

Disappointments will come in spite of everything we do. What we do with them is what really matters. We can learn from these unpleasant events or we can allow ourselves to grow bitter. It is a choice.

(To be honest, I do regret to a certain extent submitting this piece. I never intended it for publication in the traditional sense. It was meant as a gift of firstfruits to GOD, to be shared freely with all who visited my blog. No charge incurred, implied, or intended. It still is my gift to HIM. To my readers, please feel free to share it with your churches, families etc... Just don't claim it as your own.)

1 comment:

  1. I know it's not much consolation but the judge for this category emphasized more than once that there were no bad entries. And you are exactly right. Unless it's an offering of the heart, it has no lasting value.

    The enemy would leave you discouraged. But God says you have a hope and a future!

    ReplyDelete