Monday, February 28, 2011

Patience

Odds are there will have been something today that really tried your patience. I myself had to deal with an insurance matter that should have been fixed by now. Not pleasant, let me tell you. One of my pet peeves in fact.

Like it or not, we all have to deal with matters or people that grate on our nerves. Once again, we have to decide how we will respond. Blowing one's top can be a release, but the aftermath leaves much to be desired. What we really need to do is try to take a deep breath and pray.

I know that prayer comes up in a lot of my entries. The fact is it is often the best way to seek a GOD honoring resolution to problems. Even if a quick answer is not given, you have reminded yourself who you serve and who you would not want to shame. Thus your response to the situation will bear that in mind.(Or at least it should)

A lot of people are not going to like what I say next... but GOD does use these people or circumstances in our growth. If you've been praying to be kinder or more compassionate, look out. A lesson on patience may be on its way.

Patience is an important fruit to cultivate because it comes up in so many situations. We need it in our relationship with GOD and with those HE loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment