Thursday, January 6, 2011

A disgrace

The company that Steve Jobs made has stuck its foot in its mouth big time. Apple's latest response to the continuing efforts to restore a Christian app to their system was very telling. They refused on the basis of said content being defamatory, offensive, mean spirited or likely to expose the targeted group to harm or violence. This was their flimsy way of saying that the teachings of the Bible are offensive, even dangerous.

The Manhattan Declaration IPhone app, the app in question, had been on their app network with a rating of 4+. It was taken down because of a petition on Change.org and not restored even after a revised version was submitted.

This most recent statement by Apple disgusts me frankly. I will not be purchasing anything from them in the future and I encourage my readers to follow suit.

1 comment:

  1. To say that the Manhattan Declaration iPhone app was dangerous, offensive, and defamatory was plain 'offensive' to me. God and His Word do not need defending. Steve Job and his company Apple's actions show a bias against Christians and since I count myself as a believer I too will be boycotting Apple products.

    ReplyDelete